Maps & Tokens
- Updated how viewing and sharing maps/images works. Now, when you are viewing a map privately and someone else shares a map to the table, your private view remains up and a new thumbnail for the shared map will appear on the table. You will now be able to swtich between the asset you were viewing privately and the one shared to the party.
- Updated how drawing and token placement works. Any issues with lines or tokens jumping around should now be fixed.
- Fixed a bug where players couldn't move tokens or draw on a map being shared with the table.
- Fixed a scaling issue with tokens and drawings. Before if you scaled a token or drew a line on high density screen, those tokens and lines would appear too large on regular screens. Now everything should appear the same regardless of screen pixel density.
- Dice tray is open by default when you enter a table.
- Made it easier to select and delete drawings on your maps. You can also move the map while in delete mode.
- Added empty state copy to both the Asset Tray and Dice Roller.
- Updated some styling on sheets for better readability.
- Increased the range that you can zoom maps in and out.
- Fixed PDFs that were marked as Maps or Tokens causing the app to crash.
- Fixed a couple bugs where you couldn't get back to viewing your own sheets after looking at another user's sheet.
- Fixed a bug where during sheet creation you could get stuck in a disabled state. We've also updated copy to make it clearer what the two buttons do.
- Fixed a bug where during asset uploading you could get stuck in a disabled state.
- Fixed a bug where the dice icons would sometimes partially disappear.
Video Fixes and Mobile Updates
- Disabled being able to view your Dashboard or Table while using a mobile browser. Role is currently only supported on Desktops and Tablets.
- Fixed an issue with cameras and microphones staying on after you hang up a call.
- Fixed an issue with dates displaying incorrectly on the Dashboard.
- Fixed an issue with connecting to video calls on tablets.
- Fixed a couple issues with Maps causing crashes.
- Added game support for Mutants of Ixx and Down & Out in Dredgeburg by Skullfungus.
- An alert will now show if you try to join a video/audio call and your browser doesn't have permissions for media devices.
- Added a disabled state to buttons so you cannot double click when uploading an asset, creating a table or sheet, and joining a video call.
- Fixed a crash caused by bad data when uploading and avatar or asset.
- Fixed an issue with password reset not working.
Multiple Sheets and Bugfixes
We've been hard at work continuing to improve things and fix bugs from our initial batch of players. Most importantly we've fixed some bugs that caused crashing while using map & tokens, or rolling dice.
We've also added the ability to be able to create multiple sheets within a Table. Just click on your first sheet's avatar to reveal a menu allowing you to add an additional sheet!
Early Access is live!
Early access invites will start going out to backers today! We are sending them out in waves, and will be monitoring to make sure everything is running smoothly as each new wave of players starts using Role.