As we approach the end of December we have just deployed our final release of the year! We’ve spent the the last few weeks polishing off parts of our updated onboarding & dashboard experience, squashing bugs, and as of today showcasing our latest feature: Quick-Start Adventures.
- Added Quick-Start Adventures to your Dashboard. These are pre-generated tables with everything you need to start playing a game with minimum to no prep.
- Added filtering to your Assets on your Dashboard. This will eventually be added to your Asset Tray at a table.
- Added support for Link assets (currently only available in Quick-Start Adventures).
- Updated the modal that pops up when first creating a table to not have repeated fields you just entered.
- Updated the design for adding/selecting sheets when you first create a table.
- Updated some styling throughout the app to make some areas more consistent.
To read more about Quick-Start Adventures check out our end of month blog post: https://blog.playrole.com/2021/12/23/december-updates-quick-start-adventures/
This release continues our work towards redesigning your dashboard:
- Added displaying the last played date for Tables on your dashboard.
- Added more helpful messaging if you are a new player and your dashboard is empty.
- Updated the design of Templates and Assets to make them easier to read.
- Updated the design of our sign up and login screens.
- Updated slots to be centered aligned on sheets.
- Updated the display of your dashboard when viewing a sheet to better indicate which sheet you are viewing.
Our Dashboard is undergoing a redesign! We are working on improving the readability of the various pieces of your dashboard. This update begins that process by updating how information is categorized and displayed for your Tables and Sheets. More to come on this front in upcoming releases!
- We've divided your Dashboard into two Categories: Play and Create
- Play is where you go to see the tables you've created and joined.
- Create is where you go to see content you have created or uploaded to Role such as your Sheets, Templates, and Assets.
- Updated the design of Tables and Sheets on your dashboard to make them easier to read.
- Improved performance of Sheets & Templates.
- Modals can now be closed by clicking the background.
- Added ability to edit Clocks and Slots on a Sheet.
- Added an indicator for shared sheets when someone else is editing an element.
- Updated Slots to split up into rows of 10 when they're a full column width and by 5 when half width.
- Updated the max slots count to 100.
- Updated how the title of a collapsed Group element is determined.
- Updated cloning an element to also clone its links.
- Fixed an issue with updating or deleting an element's link if it had both a toggle and gameplay linked to the same element.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to click map or asset tray buttons when a sheet was collapsed at a table.
- Fixed a crash caused by dragging an element while the Advanced Options panel was open.
- Fixed dice bar styling when a sheet's table of contents is open.
- Added ability to clone a Group element and all elements within it.
- Updated a group's elements to be top aligned.
- Updated copy describing what a group is.
- Updated hover effects on buttons for Group elements.
- Fixed bug around loading an empty sheet.
- Fixed bug around trying to add a link when there is no linkable elements available.
- Fixed bug with dragging-and-dropping groups.
- Fixed page scrolling issue caused by sheets with many sections.
- We removed the ability to drag around sections and instead added up/down arrows to reorder them. You can still drag to reorder sections from the Table of Contents.
- Fixed being able to add elements to a new group in a section if that section already had a group in it.
- Fixed being able to click on clocks.
- Updated some styles across Sheets, Point & Slot elements, Element Library, and Modals.
- Fixed an issue with dragging Groups that are duplicated.
- Fixed Notes properly showing line breaks.
In our biggest update yet, we have completely overhauled our Sheets and Templates! After months of feedback from our community of early game masters, players, and creators, we put together a list of updates to make sheets and templates more flexible and powerful. Check out our blog post highlighting everything that has been updated, but to start here is a quickfire list of changes:
- Updating our dark theme to bring in a little color to our previously all grey UI.
- Redesigned Sheets to improve readability of text and better distinguish the various elements displayed.
- We've redesigned the Table of Contents to make it easier to navigate long sheets.
- Sections within a sheet can now be reordered and collapsed.
- Updated the creator to streamline how you add labels, descriptions, and access to common functions that were previously hidden in advanced options.
- Drag & Drop! You can now drag and drop elements and groups to organize your template.
- New Elements: Groups (formerly Blocks), Dropdowns, Clocks, Text, and Images.
- Markdown enabled in Note elements.
- No more blocks or limiting what can and cannot be 1 or 2 columns. You can now mix and match element sizes within the same Section or Group.
More details on our blog: https://blog.playrole.com/2021/10/01/new-sheets-new-templates-new-growth-our-mission-to-support-any-ttrpg-you-want-to-play/
We are excited to offer everyone that signs up for a Role account premium access to all our features and data caps. This makes Role truly FREE for everyone that wants the best online TTRPG experience. This is the start of many exciting features and improvements coming the rest of this year and beyond!
Fixed some bugs related to sharing maps and tokens.