Dear Role Players,
In early December we were informed that our video provider would be shutting down their service. We are working on integrating a new service provider for audio/video calls, but in the meantime we are disabling the ability to create or join video calls. This affects the following features:
- Joining audio/video calls
- Streaming music to players
These features are disabled temporarily until we can integrate with a new service provider. We understand that this is a major interruption for many game rooms and we are doing our best to get Role back to full power as soon as possible! Any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Role Team
You can now create custom sided dice from within a room and within the template builder!
- The Dice Roller in a room now has a new option in the top right to access Dice Settings. This is only visible to a Room Host.
- Hosts can toggle which dice are available in the room, as well as set the default color.
- From within the dice settings, hosts can also create custom sided dice for use by everyone in the room.
- In the Templater Builder, you can add custom dice to the template. These dice are usuable in a Dice Pool element as well as when creating an Element Link to the Dice Roller.
We've updated our search to begin moving it towards a global search. When searching you will now see games available on the platform, products that are for sale, as well as templates published by the community.
- Fixed dice with default color having a border after they are rolled.
- Fixed being able to update the color of an element's dice link.
- Fixed updating card settings from overwriting all room settings.
We've updated your dashboard to our latest design patterns!
- Updated UI for Rooms, Sheets, Templates, Assets.
- New Games page under My Stuff shows you your purchases core and supplement books.
We've begun transitioning to our updated Dashboard UI! With this release our dashboard is undergoing a design update to unify our entire app to our latest dark purple theme. This initial update has our store page and product pages updated with our latest designs, including products pages being themed to the game they represent!
More to come on this front including:
- Updated designs for your rooms, sheet, and materials.
- Better searching and filtering options.
- Improved performance of all aspects of your dashboard for a snappier loading experience.
We've added some more options for sharing the viewing & editing permissions of your sheets in a room. From a sheet's options menu you will now see the private and share toggles replaced with two new options: Viewers and Editors. Each of these settings gives you the following choices:
- You: Only you can view or edit the sheet.
- You + Host: Only you and the host of the room can view or edit the sheet.
- Everyone: Anyone in the room can view or edit the sheet.
- Fixed chat getting stuck in a loading state.
- Fixed crash in preview rooms when toggling open the dice total.
- Fixed 1Password trying to fill passwords when creating a new room.
- Fixed switching between shared and private assets when not connected to a video call.
- Fixed changing a shared asset to private closing the asset for the party.
- Fixed dice rolls being associated with the wrong person when in speaker mode and viewing an asset.