1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide: We collect personal information that you voluntarily choose to share with us as part of using the Service.
For example, when you create an account we will collect your name, username, email, and profile picture as part of the registration process.
Tax Data: If you are a Creator, we may collect from you or require you to provide certain information in order for you to be paid and provide reporting to the appropriate governmental authorities for tax purposes. Such information may include a W-9 form for U.S. residents and a W-8BEN form for international residents.
Location Data: The Service (including through the App) may collect location information from you, which may be different depending on your permissions as well as whether you are using the Services as a Player or Creator. Location information may include precise location information (provided that you have given us permission, including through App settings) or may be approximated by Role based on your IP address or through other technical means.
Payment Data: To the extent features of the Service are available for a fee, we may collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. We collect certain payment and billing information needed for us to (I) pay Creators and (ii) accept payments from Players. This information may include billing address, payment card details, and, if you are a Creator, your bank account information. We collect Payment Data via secure third party payment processing services.
Communication Data: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Personal Information We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect personal information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
The following information is automatically logged in our systems when you use the App:
- Device Information: We may collect information about your device including the IP address, the device type, non-permanent identifiers (I.e., advertising ID), the operating system version, data connection type (WiFi/mobile data), and name of your mobile service provider. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information related to the actions you take through the App, including how you navigate the App, the length of time you spend in the App, and diagnostics when errors are experienced (crash/error reporting).
Email Pixels: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information to provide the Service, including to allow Players to display location information; to allow Players to connect with each other, which includes opt-in search tools; to allow Players to make purchases on the Site and App; and to ensure Creators are paid. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with you.
We also use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing.We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share personal information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (I) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: Certain personal information you provide and actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, Player’s locations can be made available to Players if they choose to enable certain sharing features. In addition, other Player’s may be able to see your username and profile picture.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your personal information.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Collection, Disclosure, and Use of Personal Information: The categories of personal information we have collected in the preceding twelve months are described above in the “Personal Information We Collect” section. In the preceding twelve months, we have disclosed for business purposes each of the categories identified in that section to the third parties identified in the “Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information” sections. The business and commercial purposes for collecting personal information are described in the “How We Use Personal Information” section. We collect personal information directly from you and from your use of the Service. We do not sell your personal information.
Privacy Rights: To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the personal information we collect:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information;
- The right to request deletion of your personal information;
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
Verification: In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your identity in connection with a request to know or delete personal information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If you submit a request through an authorized agent, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your personal information.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Role does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal informationto Role through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures designed to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Role. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
10. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your personal information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
11. YOUR CHOICES
13. CONTACT US