About the Company
Role is dedicated to building tools & game experiences for the next generation of online narrative play. We facilitate powerful collaborative storytelling and genuine social interaction by driving the evolution of digital role playing games. From high-quality video chat to code-free content creation for all, we aim to put people first and accelerate global imagination. Come tell your story with us!
About the Team
We’re a small dedicated team of passionate storytellers, game creators, and digital natives. We believe in putting kindness first, and treating everyone as an expert. Collaboration is at the core of what we do, and we operate with transparency and consensus when making decisions together. We don't shy away from big challenges as we always believe there is an elegant solution we will find together. We love what we do, and we pour that joy into everything we build with our community.
We’re actively hiring for two open positions. We’re especially interested in candidates who bring a diverse personal and professional perspective to the team. As we strive to serve an inclusive community of players across all cultures & identities, we want our team to reflect those communities as well. Check out the details on open positions below. If you're interested in joining our team, please send your resume and any relevant links to email@example.com.
These are full-time positions. You must be a U.S. Citizen working within +/- 3 hours of Pacific Time.
Perks & Benefits
- We are a 100% remote company. Our team members work from wherever is best for them!
- Equity in Role! Each employee owns a piece of the company as we grow.
- We help cover health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Untracked PTO! We believe in trusting our team to communicate and manage their own time away from work.
Frontend Software Engineer
Come build the tools that dreams are made of! We’re looking for a mid or senior level frontend developer with React experience who’s excited to dive in and create the innovative gameplay and creation systems this community deserves. We’re looking for someone with game and/or tech platform experience, with a passion for storytelling and collaborative play.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with the product team to conceptualize new features and improvements for the Role platform.
- Develop and test features that push what it means to play tabletop RPGs online.
- Research new frameworks and SDKs to enhance our tech stack and workflows.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of frontend software engineering experience.
- 1+ years of React experience.
- Familiarity working with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with web accessibility best practices.