Template and Color Updates
- You can view Saved Templates! In your Template Library you'll see a new "View" button under Saved Templates. Template Share links will automatically open in preview mode.
- We've updated the Role color palette. This includes updates to our grey color values to help with color constrast within our Dark UI.
- Various styles were tweaked within Sheets and Templates to create better visual hierarchy and readability.
- Styling has been added to text formatted with Markdown including: links, images, tables, lists, quotes, and code.
- Markdown links now open in a new tab.
- Updated logic in how Sheet Duplication works.
- Fixed being able to click on the video/audio buttons if you have the Sheet panel collapsed.
- Fixed a bug with creating tables.
Fate Dice Total
- Fate dice will now have a value of -1, 0, or 1 that is added to the Dice Roller's total.
- You can now edit your Sheet's name from the dashboard.
- Fixed a crash caused by closing the Dice Roller while the roll animation was still playing.
- Fixed properly displaying dice links in Template Creator.
- Fixed an issue with dice links / modifiers not always being added to the Dice Roller when selected.
- We've added support for Two-Sided dice and Fate/Fudge dice.
- The Dice Roller now allows you to re-roll all dice! Instead of a "Done" button, we've updated it to be a "Re-roll" button. You can dismiss the Dice Roller by clicking the X in the top right corner of the modal.
- You can now re-roll a single die by clicking within it's circle in the Dice Roller.
- Fixed the Dice Roller showing the proper total if you add additional dice after rolling once.
Viewing and Updating Sheets
- You can now view and edit your sheets right from your Dashboard!
- On your dashboard, sheets will now display a "Sheet Update Available" message when the sheet's template has been changed. Updating a sheet will change it to match the updated template. If there is information that doesn't fit on the updated template, a Rollover sheet will be created to preserve your data.
Buff and List Item Toggles
- Updated how List Items are displayed to make them more visually consistent with the other input types.
- Fixed a bug where Buff toggle links weren't selecting other toggles.
- Fixed a crash with older browsers when trying to duplicate blocks.
- Templates that have blocks marked with "Duplication" will now work. Blocks on sheets will now have an "Add" button that will duplicate those inputs into a new block a player can use. In the Template Creator you can also use the symbol "%n" to have your duplicated blocks automatically numbered.
- We increased the scrollable area in the Template Creator to extend all the way to the right of your browser.
- Updated some sheet template styles.
- Fixed an issue where a List Item toggle with just a description was not clickable.
- Fixed an issue causing crashes when trying to open the Advanced Options panel in the Template Creator.
Custom Character Sheets and Public Early Access
Role is coming out of Private Early Access and inviting all to join us in testing and improving Role! With Public Early Access we hope to onboard even more players to enjoy the platform, help us find bugs, and join our community of adventurers!
Custom Sheet Templates are here! We are releasing v1 of our Template Creator which allows creators and players alike a first look at our toolset for creating character sheets and more. You can view a tutorial below:
Sheets now have added functionality:
- Dice Pools
- Links: Chain multiple actions together
- Fixed sheet data sometimes reverting to old values.
Removed Slanted Bars
- We've removed the slanted bars for the header and asset tray. This will allow us to better layout / optimize space for displaying information moving forward.
- Custom sheet templates are well on their way, and we'll be releasing that feature soon... very soon :D
- Fixed getting stuck in loading state or app crash if your session token has expired. You will now automatically be redirected to the Login page.
- Fixed crash that happens when trying to create a new table after deleting an old one.
Dice Roller and Menus
- The Dice Roller total can now be hidden for games that don't require it.
- Target Number has been renamed to Reference Number to better reflect its use. Reference Number now has the player colors applied to it and the total now has the rainbow colors.
- Clicking anywhere on the screen will now close any open navigation menu or asset menu.
- Fixed password managers trying to autofill a Table's password field during creation or joining.