Public Sheet Templates
Searchable templates coming soon!
In two weeks we will be releasing an update that will allow everyone the ability to search for sheet templates published by creators on Role.
All currently published templates will be discoverable by others for use in their games. If you would like to remove any of your published templates from search please unmark them as public by June 9th, 2022.
To remove your template from search:
- Head over to https://app.playrole.com/create/templates.
- Click "Edit" on template you would like to remove from search.
- Toggle the "Public" switch at the top of your template just above your template's name.
- Updates always marking Elements with links instead of only on hover.
- Fixes some color theme issues with the Sheet Template Creator.
- You can now invite people to your tables via email. In you the main menu bar there is now an invite icon.
- Table passwords are now plaintext. This change allows hosts to see what their password is after they set it, as well as allowing invite emails to contain the password for players to join. Tables that already have passwords will remain working as they are.
- Updated some styles of main menu at a table, including changing "Table Settings" to a gear icon.
- Fixed a bug where a player joining a table that already had a map shared, not being able to see the map until it was shared again.
- Fixed a bug where a player joining a table wasn't able to see the assets available until refreshing the page.
Preview Premade Sheets
- Adds ability to preview premade sheets at a table.
- Adds assets labels at a table. You will be able to see when an asset is shared publicly or comes from a quick-start adventure.
- Updates position of map buttons to the top right of the screen.
- Updates sheets/templates throughout app to use the same avatar design.
- Fixes video/audio button focus at a table.
This update also has some background work in preparation for some future features coming down the roadmap. More info on that coming soon!
Asset Tray Updates
Our team is ramping up for a big year of releases to the Role platform! For our first update of 2022 we are tidying up some UX at tables and fixing some bugs.
- Updated the design of the Asset Tray and Asset Library Modal. They now have a filter bar and sorting.
- Updated the list of rolling users at a table show the person's matching display name instead of only their username.
- Updated accessibility of the Quick-Start Bar.
- Fixed the asset tray sometimes disappearing or getting into a weird position.
- Fixed asset pop-up menus sometimes getting cropped and becoming unclickable.
- Fixed the sheets panel at a table not showing up when your first join.
- Fixed being able to close shared maps if the map comes from a quick-start game.
As we approach the end of December we have just deployed our final release of the year! We’ve spent the the last few weeks polishing off parts of our updated onboarding & dashboard experience, squashing bugs, and as of today showcasing our latest feature: Quick-Start Adventures.
- Added Quick-Start Adventures to your Dashboard. These are pre-generated tables with everything you need to start playing a game with minimum to no prep.
- Added filtering to your Assets on your Dashboard. This will eventually be added to your Asset Tray at a table.
- Added support for Link assets (currently only available in Quick-Start Adventures).
- Updated the modal that pops up when first creating a table to not have repeated fields you just entered.
- Updated the design for adding/selecting sheets when you first create a table.
- Updated some styling throughout the app to make some areas more consistent.
To read more about Quick-Start Adventures check out our end of month blog post: https://blog.playrole.com/2021/12/23/december-updates-quick-start-adventures/
Dashboard Redesign Continued
This release continues our work towards redesigning your dashboard:
- Added displaying the last played date for Tables on your dashboard.
- Added more helpful messaging if you are a new player and your dashboard is empty.
- Updated the design of Templates and Assets to make them easier to read.
- Updated the design of our sign up and login screens.
- Updated slots to be centered aligned on sheets.
- Updated the display of your dashboard when viewing a sheet to better indicate which sheet you are viewing.
Our Dashboard is undergoing a redesign! We are working on improving the readability of the various pieces of your dashboard. This update begins that process by updating how information is categorized and displayed for your Tables and Sheets. More to come on this front in upcoming releases!
- We've divided your Dashboard into two Categories: Play and Create
- Play is where you go to see the tables you've created and joined.
- Create is where you go to see content you have created or uploaded to Role such as your Sheets, Templates, and Assets.
- Updated the design of Tables and Sheets on your dashboard to make them easier to read.
- Improved performance of Sheets & Templates.
- Modals can now be closed by clicking the background.
Custom Clocks and Slots
- Added ability to edit Clocks and Slots on a Sheet.
- Added an indicator for shared sheets when someone else is editing an element.
- Updated Slots to split up into rows of 10 when they're a full column width and by 5 when half width.
- Updated the max slots count to 100.
- Updated how the title of a collapsed Group element is determined.
- Updated cloning an element to also clone its links.
- Fixed an issue with updating or deleting an element's link if it had both a toggle and gameplay linked to the same element.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to click map or asset tray buttons when a sheet was collapsed at a table.
- Fixed a crash caused by dragging an element while the Advanced Options panel was open.
- Fixed dice bar styling when a sheet's table of contents is open.
- Added ability to clone a Group element and all elements within it.
- Updated a group's elements to be top aligned.
- Updated copy describing what a group is.
- Updated hover effects on buttons for Group elements.
- Fixed bug around loading an empty sheet.
- Fixed bug around trying to add a link when there is no linkable elements available.
- Fixed bug with dragging-and-dropping groups.
- Fixed page scrolling issue caused by sheets with many sections.
- We removed the ability to drag around sections and instead added up/down arrows to reorder them. You can still drag to reorder sections from the Table of Contents.
- Fixed being able to add elements to a new group in a section if that section already had a group in it.
- Fixed being able to click on clocks.